November 28 – December 5, 2018
The competition is part of a project to create a Creative Enterprise Hub in Kazakhstan funded by the British Council. The main goal of the project is to develop the first Creative Enterprise Hub in Central Asia which is aimed at developing a sustainable ecosystem to support the creative industry and startup culture in the region.
The competition is open in the following areas:
- Advertising and marketing
- Arts and crafts
- Information and telecommunications, software and computer services
- Publishing business
- Museums, galleries, and libraries
- Music, performing and visual arts
Representatives of the best startup ideas will be trained at the Henley Business School and will receive scientific support for the development of startups from the Henley Business School, the University of Reading and the Kazakh-British Technical University. Upon request, participants will be able to participate in the IDEA FEST Student Business Idea Competition at the Henley Business School. Additionally, all participants will have access to British Council resources to improve their language skills including promoting ideas and finding investors.
Next, the best startups will be able to participate in an online cross-country competition organized by the British Council among 7 participating countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Uzbekistan). The competition will be organized and sponsored by the British Council.
You are invited to participate in the contest:
- Students, undergraduates and Ph.D. applicants from foreign and Kazakh Universities, citizens of Kazakhstan;
- Creative entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan;
- Independent researchers and others (citizens of Kazakhstan).
Requirements for applicants:
- knowledge of the basics of entrepreneurship
- working knowledge of English (intermediate level and higher)
As part of the grant, in December 2018, the following startups were selected by international experts from the University of Reading (Henley Business School, UK): Dalatunes, ProVoice, Alemresearch, Pharmapp, Hermione, VR Therapy (CMT).
Six startups in the framework of the program in January 2019 were trained in entrepreneurship at the University of Reading (Henley Business School, UK) and are constantly working to improve their entrepreneurial skills through the online platform of the University of Reading.